According to Thomas Koloski who works for the State on Homeland Security matters and was referred to in the UFA bulletin….
- “Plan development” only applies to non-residents or folks coming up to fish or work in processing facilities. There is a 14 -day quarantine in effect when all come up here.
- You can be fishing for that 14 days, you can even off-load but you need to maintain the 6 foot social distancing requirement of self-quarantine.
- If you have symptoms such as fevers or respiratory problems, contact the port before you head in by radio. It is unclear and inconsistent what each port will do at that point.
- Note the day in your logbooks that you enter Alaska waters and count the 14-days from there, if you are coming up from WA.
- Folks will have to fill out questionnaire upon arrival in AK at airports. Those folks will be subject to the 14 day quarantine and may have to fill out a “plan” indicating such.
- The State may impose a penalty of $25,000 for anyone not complying with the quarantine mandate.
Otherwise, trollers residing throughout SE, it’s business as usual, provided you have no symptoms.
It’s tricky because our industry does not have a “one-size-fits- all” but we trollers will be the least affected, it appears.
Alaska Trollers Association
130 Seward Street #205
Juneau, AK 99801(907) 957-8004